Carl, David & Mike
Ride the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge
With every mile, closer to a cure for cancer
David, Mike and Carl at the
conclusion of last year’s PMC
Secure Credit Card links to support the PMC and let us know you gave:
This Year’s Stuff:
Talk to Us!
Prior Years' Stuff:
August 2-4, 2013
This is the 34th annual PMC, and our 14th PMC. In spite of various challenges and complexities in our lives and the world in general, we remain committed to this exceptional cause and we ask for your support. The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is one of America’s finest cancer research and care centers (repeatedly ranked in the top 5 by US News and World Report for cancer care, and four-star ranked by Charity Navigator for its efficiency with your contributions), and your gift allows Dana-Farber to do leading work in the field. This year Carl rode from Stockbridge starting on the Friday morning, and David joined him in Sturbridge for the Saturday and Sunday regular PMC of 190 miles.
We are riding with renewed vigor this year in memory of Carl’s mom Sandy Howerton, who was taken by cardiac amyloidosis late in 2012. Sandy drove the support van for two weeks of our epic 2006 transcontinental ride, and with Carl’s dad Pete was a reliable volunteer presence at the Nickerson State Park waterstop on PMC Sunday morning.
Prior Years’ rides:
- 2012: All three of us rode a very hot traditional PMC from Sturbridge to Provincetown. Carl got an early start from Stockbridge.
- 2011: Carl rode a true Pan-Mass with the Huckleberry group, starting in Stockbridge.
- 2010: David and Mike rode an uneventful PMC. Carl rode with the Huckleberry group from the NY/MA border to the Sturbridge start.
- 2009: Carl and Mike rode a smooth PMC, while David nursed his shattered elbow.
- 2008: Mike joined us for a successful, two-day Challenge.
- 2007: Carl rode from the NY line. David joined him in Sturbridge for the formal PMC.
- 2006: Transcontinental. Almost $170,000 raised. 3,600 miles over 38 riding days during one of the hottest summers in recorded history.
- 2005: we rode a bit more than the official PMC route, clocking 215 miles and adding CT to our list of states ridden.
- 2004: in celebration of the historic 25th annual PMC, we rode from David’s then-hometown of Cincinnati to join the PMC - a total of 1,054 miles over 11 days! (And no, you don’t want to know about the saddle sores).
- 2001, 2000: we rode the official PMC route, 192 miles from Sturbridge MA to Provincetown MA over two days.
All rights not held by others reserved 2013, David A. Castle, Carl Howerton & Mike Quincy