Carl, David & Mike
Ride the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge
With every mile, closer to a cure for cancer
Carl, David, and Mike
just before the start of this yearís PMC
Secure Credit Card links to support the PMC and let us know you gave:
This Yearís Stuff:
Talk to Us!
Prior Years' Stuff:
This is the 30th annual PMC, Carl and Davidís 10th annual PMC, and the 10th anniversary of Mikeís original registration to ride the PMC. In spite of various challenges and complexities in our lives and the world in general, we remain committed to this exceptional cause and we ask for your support. The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is one of Americaís finest cancer research and care centers (repeatedly ranked in the top 5 by US News and World Report for cancer care, and four-star ranked by Charity Navigator for its efficiency with your contributions), and your gift allows Dana-Farber to do leading work in the field.
With the support of our generous donors, over the past nine years weíve raised over $350,000 for the Dana-Farber Cancer Instituteís Jimmy Fund. This year Carl rode with the Huckleberry crew from Stockbridge (an extra 90 miles), Mike rode the scheduled Pan-Massachusetts Challenge from Sturbridge to Provincetown, and David waved them out from the Sturbridge starting line with his shattered left arm.
Prior Yearsí rides:
- 2008: Mike joined us for a successful, two-day Challenge.
- 2007: Carl rode from the NY line. David joined him in Sturbridge for the formal PMC.
- 2006: Transcontinental. Almost $170,000 raised. 3,600 miles over 38 riding days during one of the hottest summers in recorded history.
- 2005: we rode a bit more than the official PMC route, clocking 215 miles and adding CT to our list of states ridden.
- 2004: in celebration of the historic 25th annual PMC, we rode from Davidís then-hometown of Cincinnati to join the PMC - a total of 1,054 miles over 11 days! (And no, you donít want to know about the saddle sores)
- 2001, 2000: we rode the official PMC route, 192 miles from Sturbridge MA to Provincetown MA over two days.
All rights not held by others reserved 2009, David A. Castle, Carl Howerton & Mike Quincy